The Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation (CESC) improves customer service and cuts operational costs with Vodafone smart meter solution
CESC is one of the oldest and most profitable electric utilities in India. Vodafone helped CESC roll out an automated meter reading solution to improve billing accuracy, cut costs and boost customer satisfaction.
Aided by Vodafone’s IoT, CESC became a Ready Business.
- CESC needed to significantly improve the way it manages operations across its infrastructure by reducing manual processes and introducing increasing levels of automation
- The decision was driven by the need to control costs – but also the desire to improve quality of service and power supply for customers.
- Vodafone delivered the capability for CESC to bring a smart metering solution to market
Managed IoT connectivity Platform user meters transmit power consumption data back to CESC over Vodafone’s GPRS network
- Vodafone installed SIMs in distribution transformer (DT) meters, which help CESC to monitor and resolve power supply problems caused by overloading on the network
- Over 99% meter reading accuracy improves CESC’s customer service, boosts cash flow and reduces operational costs.
- Additional SIMs installed in distribution transformers help to detect overloading and improve quality of power supply
- Comprehensive network coverage ensures CESC gets an ‘always-on’ service
- Vodafone’s specialised M2M support ensures any issues are fixed quickly
So, let's make your business future ready.
Call us on
1800-123-123-123 or fill in your details below to get a
call back from us.