Step 3. Activate your number
Your documents will now get verified
Your old SIM card will be replaced with the new SIM card
MNP request will be processed in 7days with a no service period of 2hrs
You will be intimated via SMS about the date and time of porting
Your old SIM will be deactivated within one hour of the stated time of porting
Your new Vodafone SIM card will be activated within two hours of the stated porting time.
Keep in mind: Possible reasons why your port-In request could be rejected
- If there is any billed outstanding amount more than
Rs. 10 at the time the porting request is processed.
- In case of any contractual obligations (e.g., on bundled handsets-Postpaid/Prepaid, corporate contract which has a valid exit clause-Postpaid)
- If the porting request applied is for across circles.
- The port-out request has been made less than 90 days from activation
- The UPC mentioned in the porting request does not match the one allocated to you
- There is a pending request for transfer of ownership on the number
- The number is prohibited from porting by a court of law or is under judicial enquiry
Make sure your overdue bills are all paid up
Postpaid customers cannot port in/out if they have overdue bills.
Existing credit available will expire upon successful porting and will not be carried forward.
Note: Call charges, plans and VAS offered by Vodafone may differ from those offered by your earlier service provider.
Check if you’re eligible to port
You are eligible to make a porting request if you have:
- An active connection that is at least 90 days old
(as counted from the date of new activation or the last port date)
- No outstanding payments to the donor operator (operator that you are leaving)
- No requests pending for change of ownership of the number
- Your request for porting is within the same circle.