1. Is the issue you’re experiencing happening on only one website or app, or is it happening on all websites and apps?
- If you’re not able to access one specific app or website, but all other apps and websites are working fine, then there could be a temporary issue with that website or app. Try clearing your cache and cookies, or waiting for a few minutes.
In case you’re unable to use all websites and apps, please check your device settings. Check out how to do this below…
2. Our top internet troubleshooting steps:
Step 1 - check your mobile data is switched ON.
- Go to your device settings and check the mobile data option. Ensure your mobile data is set to “ON”.
Step 2 - Ensure the fastest data option is selected.
- Check which data symbol (G/E/H/H+/2G/3G/4GLTE/Volte) is displayed on Handset. If G/E/2G is displayed on your handset, go to network settings on your device, and ensure the network type is set to 3G or 4G.
If the handset doesn’t show any symbol with the network bar please try to change the network selection mode from Manual to Automatic.
Step 3 - Check your SIM is in the correct slot.
- Is your handset dual SIM? Have you selected the default internet option for correct SIM slot?
If you’re using a dual SIM device, ensure your Vodafone SIM is in slot 1, and set your Vodafone SIM as the default for internet usage.
Step 4 - Check your data roaming is set to “on” if you’re currently roaming nationally.
-If you are currently roaming outside your home state and not able to use data, please ensure your data roaming option is switched “ON” on your device.
Step 5 - Check your APN (Access Point Names) settings.
- In your device settings, look for the ‘SIM & Network’ option, then look for ‘Access Point Names’.
Make sure you have the correct Access Point Name selected:
For Android users – www
For Iphone users - iphone
For Windows users - www
Step 6 - Ensure you have sufficient data available in pack/plan.
- Please dial *111# to check you have data balance, or visit the My Vodafone app.
Step 7 - If your data pack is over, check if you have given consent to use PayGo data.
- If your data limit is over, dial 1925 from your handset to provide consent to use PayGo data. PayGo consent allows you to use data services at standard rates post expiry of data limit in your pack/plan.
Don’t want to activate PayGo data? Simply recharge with your preferred pack here.
Step 8 - Reset your network connectivity by switching Airplane mode on and off once.
- From your device settings, switch on the Airplane mode and switch it off after a minute. This often resolves any connectivity you might be experiencing.
Step 9 - Try using your SIM in another handset.
- If you have tried steps 1-8, and you’re still experiencing problems, please try inserting the SIM in a different handset and try again. If you can use internet in the alternate device, then there may be an issue with your device. If you experience the same issues in the alternate device, then there could be a problem with your SIM card. Please visit us instore so we can provide further assistance.