I want to know about National roaming charges. Back
Incoming calls are free for ALL subscribers, when roaming anywhere in India.
Further details as below:
|SMS (Rs/message – 160 characters)
|Outgoing Local SMS
|Outgoing National SMS
|Outgoing International SMS
I want to activate roaming pack for travel within India. Back
To activate a national roamig pack, please visit Homepage and select shop >> Roaming packs.
Prepaid customers can click here..
Postpaid customers can click here.
I want to activate International roaming service. Back
If you are a Prepaid customer
Prepaid users can SMS ACT IR to 144 (toll free) (Applicable for Ori, Bhr, Kol, ROB)
For rest of the states, IR service is preactivated & you will be charged a monthly rental of Rs.99 when any of the following chargeable events are performed while on International Roaming:
Making an Outgoing call- USSD Callback* or Direct dial
Answering an incoming call
If you are a postpaid customer,you can follow any of the below mentioned option:
Download MyVodafone App and navigate to Main menu > Roaming > International Roaming
Via Website : Go to Discover >> International Roaming
Call 199 from your Vodafone mobile phone
SMS ACT IR to 199 (toll free)
International Roaming service will get activated Within 30 minutes post SMS.
International roaming deposit can also be paid online.
The option of paying applicable deposits is also available at any of our Vodafone stores.
TAT for payment updation – maximum 24 Hours.
Based on the discretion of Vodafone Credit services, additional deposits may or may not be payable.
On request from the user, deposit will be adjusted in the upcoming bills post the deactivation of International Roaming services.
I want to activate International roaming pack. Back
To activate your international roaming pack, you can follow any of these options:
1.Click here and select your preferred international roaming pack and activate.
2.Download My Vodafone App and activate the same by going to Main Menu >> Roaming >> Country name >> Select pack
Please allow 30 minutes for your pack to activate.
What data usage rate will I be charged? Back
Standard data usage rate of Rs.5.50 (country specific) per 10KB will be charged while roaming internationally. Free usage given in your local data plan is not applicable while roaming internationally.
Some operators may charge for PDP sessions as well.
Do check country applicability and activate a pack for discounted benefits.
What are the data roaming charges on International roaming? Back
On International Roaming, data charges are country specific. To know the rates for your choosen country, you can do the following:
1.Go to Discover >> International roaming.
2. Download MyVodafone App and clicking on Main Menu >> Roaming >> Enter country.
3. SMS ROAM country name to 199(toll free in home network).
What is a PDP session? Back
PDP is Packet Data protocol. When you want to use GPRS, your mobile will first attach to a GPRS enabled network in the country you are
roaming and then your mobile will automatically activate a “PDP context”. PDP context is essential for the visited network to authenticate you
as a valid GPRS user. Some operators may charge for PDP context. We recommend that you switch off GPRS after you have finished to avoid any additional charges.
I want to know my active roaming packs and services. Back
You can check your active packs and services by logging on to vodafone.in >> My Services.
You may also download the MyVodafone App and check your active packs and plans by going to Main menu >> Active packs and services.
I want to contact customer care while travelling within India. Back
You can call the customer care on 199 from your Vodafone number.
I want to contact customer care while travelling outside India. Back
You can call the customer care on 199 from your Vodafone number.
Also, you can call your state's Vodafone customer care number for any assistance on International roaming. These calls are free of cost. To get the list of customer care number for your state, click here.
I want to deactivate international roaming service/packs. Back
To deactivate your international roaming service/pack, you can do the following:
1. Download the MyVodafone App and deactivate the same by going to Main Menu >> Active packs and services >> Packs/Services.
2. SMS CAN IR to 199 (Toll free). Service will be deactivated within 30 mins post SMS.
3. Visit the nearesr Vodafone store.
I am not able to use my national roaming. What should I do ? Back
If you have national roaming active on your mobile, pls try and select the network manually. If you still face this problem, you can call up at 199.
I want to use my free data quota on international roaming. Is it possible ? Back
Any in built free data usage will NOT be applicable while on International roaming. Usage is charged as per applicable rates except for special roaming packages (subject to availability).
Why am I billed for roaming even when I have not visited any roaming location in the last billing period? Back
Roaming usages are billed as per data received from the destination Roaming Operator.
In case of delay in receiving of such data files, usages made in a particular bill period may reflect in succeeding bill period.
Tips on optimizing your mobile internet usage? Back
If you have online applications on your device, remember that data usage occurs throughout the day; hence usage will be billed accordingly.
Smart devices have a tendency to continuously access data network and automatically download some updates for certain applications like Weather, Stock/News alerts, social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook) and emails. Hence it is recommended, you disable data from your handset itself to avoid unnecessary charges by
Switching off the settings.
Or alternatively check your handset menu to switch off data settings or auto updates
It is advisable to log-out properly before terminating a surfing session thus ensuring unnecessary data transfer is avoided.
What are the international roaming call charges? Back
SMS ROAM <country name> to 199 and get all the details on charges and tie-ups.
We also do come up with Roaming packs periodically which benefit you whilst roaming internationally.
Click here to know about our offers.
Check out the table with the charges below to see for the respective destination country.
Sorry, No networks are available
Please click on the country which you are travelling to know the details of the services offered.
Price Information (All rates are in INR)
* The below information is provided by roaming partners only.
- All charges mentioned are exclusive of service tax
- Additional PDP charges may apply with some operators. Note that this charge appears against 0 KB usage in bill
- All GPRS (Vodafone live! / Vodafone Mobile Connect / Blackberry) usage at 10KB pulse
- International Roaming pack benefits are not applicable for premium rate numbers/special codes / Maritime / Satellite / Ship Cruise or Inmarsat. Calls to premium rate numbers or special numbers / special codes/Maritime / Satellite / Ship Cruise or Inmarsat will be charged at the rates charged by the visited network
- International roaming deposit mentioned is a standard charge. However, based on the discretion of Vodafone credit services, additional deposits may be payable
- Please allow 48 hours for processing your roaming subscription request
- Prices are subject to change without notice
- Prices are indicative only and are subject to foreign exchange fluctuation
- The incoming caller number will be passed on to the customer subject to availability of the same from the other service provider
- Missed calls and disconnecting a call without answering it will be chargeable on AT&T USA, T-Mobile USA and Claro Chile as per International Roaming tariffs
- TMobile in USA does not offer coverage in Alaska
- You will need a 3G phone to roam on 3G networks - especially in countries like Japan & Korea which do not have any alternative GSM network